IVF Steps to Success - Help Your Embryo Thrive by Reducing Inflammation
IVF necessitates the thoughtful synchronization of a number of factors on the way to your transfer day. When finally make it to this day, I know you want to do all all within your power to facilitate the growth and help your embryo to flourish inside of you!
In the current uncertain environment surrounding the global pandemic, women worldwide are dealing with the reality of cancelled or postponed cycles for the near future. This, of course, can be emotionally devastating.
With a great number of couples currently working against the clock as it relates to the timing of IVF cycles, to have the process postponed with no idea for how long is beyond stressful!
These levels of stress can lead to inflammation and this can bring about a less favorable environment inside your body. One thing to focus on to help improve IVF embryo implantation is to work to lower inflammation system-wide.
Wan't Some Tips on How To Improve IVF Embryo Implantation? A Big Key is to Think in Terms of Nourishing vs. Eliminating
In the process of getting your body ready for implantation, it is important to keep in mind: to nourish, and not eliminate. A long list of diet culture fads may have you thinking that removing certain foods from your diet will lower levels of inflammation in your body, but keep in mind that you might just be missing out on important nutrients these foods can provide. I elaborate quite a bit on this topic in the book IVF Peace of Mind, which is available for purchase here.
Implantation success occurs inside the uterus, where sugars and fluids flood the lining in preparation to feed the embryo. The only way a brand new embryo is able to thrive and eat is via a uterine lining that is nourished and also low in inflammatory markers. Simply put, your uterine lining is key to your embryo’s implantation and survival.
A very good way to decrease inflammation is to increase plant-based fiber. And a simple way to incorporate more fiber into your diet through food is to include a serving of lentils every day. Lentils are truly one of the easiest legumes to prepare and they have many key vital nutrients as well as substantial levels of fiber.
Here is an IVF nutritional recipe I made to share with all of you:
Anti-Inflammatory Reset Soup
– 1/2 cup dry red lentils
– 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 fresh onion, chopped
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 2-3 carrots, scrubbed and chopped
– 4 cups fresh water
– 1 tsp. powdered turmeric
– 1 tsp. powdered cumin
– Sea salt and black pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup green herbs chopped for garnish, such as cilantro, basil, thyme, or oregano
– Sprinkle of hemp seeds, pine nuts, or chopped walnuts for garnish (optional)
– Put dry lentils in a fine mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly – check for any grit while rinsing
– In a soup pot warm olive oil and sauté chopped onion, celery, and carrot on medium heat, adding more oil as necessary to prevent sticking
– While veggies sauté, sprinkle in turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper to lightly fry the spices and coat the veggies
– After a couple minutes, when the onion has gone soft and translucent, add the water and stir to combine with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula
– Add rinsed lentils, bring to a soft simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes
– The red lentils will not hold their form but rather cook into a lovely thick broth that surrounds the soft veggies
– Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with optional green herbs and seeds or nuts before serving
This is a basic recipe that will taste great with any sort of variations on spice and garnish. I also highly recommend trying this recipe with an Indian curry spice blend if you have one. This soup freezes and thaws well so feel free to make a double or triple batch!
IVF Peace of Mind
If you enjoyed this blog post, you will love IVF Peace of Mind! Prepare yourself for your future IVF cycle with a clear action plan, recipes, videos, and more – click here !
Or click the link below to read more about this comprehensive guide to IVF nutrition. It’s called IVF Peace of Mind and is a guidebook & membership.
- 70 Page Guidebook
- Video Lessons
- Peace of Mind Worksheets
- Journaling prompts, exercises, and progressive relaxation techniques to help you calm your anxious thoughts.
- Folate Plates Recipe Download
- Easy recipes packed with superfoods to help you build up a fertile and receptive uterine lining.
- More videos, resources, and content being added regularly!
Everything you need to find peace of mind by focusing on the things you can control as you prepare for your IVF Transfer Day.